· Powerful, Real Time Understanding about who is visiting your website and what motivates them
· Reveals surprising insights into how a website’s audience changes hour-by-hour, throughout the day
· Leverages more than 140 million anonymously profiled users to deliver in-the-moment information that transforms a publisher’s understanding of their audience
· Free self-service tool enhances publishers’ relevance to their audience
· Public beta available at whyanalytics.visualdna.com
London, New York – If Google Analytics delivers the “when, what and from where” of traffic, the newly launched WHYanalytics from audience insights company VisualDNA shows who visitors are and why they’ve come. WHYanalytics is a new web analytics product that reveals the emotional characteristics of any website’s visitors throughout the day, in real time, for free. WHYanalytics is the first of a suite of new products from VisualDNA which will provide clarity in audience segmentation and engagement across the entire online advertising ecosystem.
Simple to use and quick to set up, VisualDNA’s data analytics platform analyses site traffic, matches it to a proprietary database of millions of ‘quizzed users” – an approach that has helped VisualDNA build a global network of 140m profiled users—to build a richly detailed profile of who is visiting and what motivates them. VisualDNA then categorizes the visitors into specific segmentations and communicates that back to the publisher to provide a Real Time Understanding of their audience through WHYanalytics.
Publishers use this data to:
· Demonstrate to advertisers how their websites can reach audiences based on emotive traits, to meet high-value brand-campaign briefs
· See how their audience changes at different times of day or night
· Compare the composition of their audience by site subsection or page
· Expose new, high value visitors that attract more brands and advertisers
· Sell smart, VisualDNA advertising campaigns tightly integrated with their ad servers, SSP, DSP or DMP
· Deliver tailored content and messaging to visitors based on their personality, interests, needs and wants
Web-based media planning and buying has traditionally relied on audience segmentation techniques that are more than 50 years old. WHYanalytics represents a clear shift from demographic led profiling to data rich personality based insights and a deep understanding of the audiences’ emotional characteristics. The result dramatically improves publishers’ ability to be more relevant to their audience and attract valuable brands by demonstrating a Real Time Understanding of exactly who is visiting their website through the day.
“Publishers deserve to understand their audience better than they do right now. We are committed to providing site owners—however big or small—with free access to the extraordinary resource that we have built up from more than 140 million profiles,” said VisualDNA founder & CEO, Alex Willcock. “Imagine how much more relevant the average user’s experience with the site will be if they are better understood by the sites that they visit. WHYanalytics is a free tool that gives any website owner, access to real-time understanding of who is visiting their site throughout the day – and what makes them tick.”
WHYanalytics mines VisualDNA’s vast and rich data set to provide publishers with a rich visualisation of their website visitors. The data set has been created by VisualDNA’s team of psychologists, statisticians, designers and engineers who create visual quizzes based on the latest psychological research and applied mathematics.
Leading publishers such as Trinity Mirror group already use VisualDNA data to understand their audience’s demographic and behavioural characteristics: now, after months of trials and testing, VisualDNA can now offer personality insights to any publisher for free, and in real time through WHYanalytics.
“Brands define audiences by emotive characteristics, but most existing analytics tools just give you basic demographic information,” said Shaun Jordan, Trinity Mirror’s digital sales director. “The more we know about our audience, the better we can meet brand campaign briefs and monetize our inventory. The addition of VisualDNA emotive insights gives us an even deeper understanding of who is visiting our website and why – delivered in real time through WHYanalytics.”
Subsequent WHY products will help advertisers and media buyers see who is converting on campaigns, allow brands to compare their own website’s visitors to those of competitors and peers and more. By helping brands, advertisers and media agencies build campaigns around in-the moment emotive data VisualDNA is pioneering a smarter, more human approach that understands and services customers’ immediate needs for higher conversions.
VisualDNA creates deep audience insights through a patented technology that makes it easier to understand and profile people online. Our unique approach is driven by the science of converting data from millions of opt-in visual personality quizzes into rich, accurate, anonymized, audience profiles.
Our proprietary profiling algorithm scales our data over a vast global network of publisher partners to makes demographic, intent and emotive segmentations available through all leading media-buying platforms: enabling advertisers to target clearly-defined audiences at scale. The result is highly-effective, data-proven advertising for some of the world’s best-known brands.
WHYanalytics lets brands, advertisers, agencies and publishers see beyond standard traffic metrics and static demographics to get a Real Time Understanding of their online audiences’ personalities – who they are and why they behave the way they do.
· Unparalleled insight through emotive segmentation – ‘see’ who your audience is
· Easy to implement: deploy with one standard analytics tag
· Actionable insight: buy media against the emotive segmentation and make up of your actual audience
· Comparative insight: understand how your audience changes as they move between sections of your website
· Track through time: see how your audience changes during the day and create comparisons