Brinegar, Chairman & CEO of McKinney, Brings Deep Insights to the Role, as Recipient of Multiple IAB MIXX Awards
Seven New Categories Reflect New Emerging Innovations in Digital Marketing
NEW YORK - The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) announced that digital advertising business pioneer Brad Brinegar, Chairman and CEO, McKinney, and Founding Chairman of the IAB Agency Advisory Board, will serve as the Judging Panel Chair for the 2013 IAB MIXX Awards. Brinegar will guide conversation and debate among the awards’ venerable lineup of 31 cross-industry judges, including agency creatives who craft campaigns for the world’s most powerful brands, marketers who have direct control over many of the largest advertising budgets in the world, and major media company leaders who represent some of the world’s biggest media brands.
“Having Brad’s leadership is critical in guiding the jury panel in this pivotal year, as we capture the most innovative and groundbreaking work in interactive marketing – which not only points to today’s successes, but also signals what the future holds.”
One of the most prestigious awards in digital advertising, the IAB MIXX Awards elevates interactive advertising and those responsible for creating it by celebrating the individuals, teams, and talents who are responsible for driving the industry forward through high-impact digital marketing.
“We are honored to have Brad bring his incredible insight in identifying the best work in digital advertising, especially given that he has twice been the recipient of the IAB MIXX Awards ‘Best in Show’ and many other distinctions,” said David Doty, Executive Vice President and CMO, IAB.“ Having Brad’s leadership is critical in guiding the jury panel in this pivotal year, as we capture the most innovative and groundbreaking work in interactive marketing – which not only points to today’s successes, but also signals what the future holds.”
“I’ve been involved with the IAB MIXX Awards for several years, and I could not hold them in higher regard,” said Brinegar. “I’m always amazed by the campaigns singled out at the awards, because they represent a cross-section of the best creative from the rapidly changing world of digital advertising. I look forward to working with such a distinguished set of colleagues to review, debate and ultimately award the most outstanding and effective digital advertising work from the past year.”
This year marks the inclusion of seven new competitive categories, several of which embrace innovative new marketing opportunities, made possible by emerging technologies:
- Augmented Reality
- Branded Utility
- Content Marketing
- Custom Mobile Rich Media Display
- IAB Standard Mobile Rich Media Display
The seventh category, called “Can’t Be Contained!,” is for work that defies classification. This category is designed to identify campaigns that push boundaries and point to the future of digital advertising. For the full list of categories, please go to iab.net/mixxawards/entry_categories.
Recognized as the benchmark for best-in-class campaigns and embodying leading-edge innovation, IAB MIXX Award-winning work inspires and educates the marketplace about the power to build brands digitally. Because only the best-of-the-best go home with a coveted IAB MIXX Award, the collection of work creates a valuable platform that furthers the IAB mission to educate the broader advertising and marketing industry about the powerful impact interactive has on the overall marketing mix. To see the complete gallery of past award-winners, please visit iab.net/mixxawards/#pastwinnersgalleries.
Joining Brad Brinegar on the 2013 judging panel are:
- Arturo Aranda – Creative Strategist, Facebook Global Creative Solutions
- Jeff Benjamin – Chief Creative Officer, JWT North America
- Lincoln Bjorkman – Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, North America, DIGITAS
- Holly Bowyer – Senior Director of B2B Marketing, Yahoo!
- Ed Brojerdi – President and Co-Chief Creative Officer, kbs+
- Amy Choyne – Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Kenneth Cole Productions
- Andreas Combuechen – Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Creative Officer, Atmosphere Proximity
- Emma Cookson – Chairman, BBH New York
- Susan Credle – Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett
- Brian DiLorenzo – Executive Vice President and Chief Production Officer, McCann New York and Commonwealth
- Marjorie Dufek –Director, Digital Marketing, Brown-Forman Corporation
- Jane Grenier – Vice President, Integrated Strategy, Condé Nast Media Group
- Laurie Koehler – Consumer Campaigns Activation Manager, Americas Marketing Group, Intel Corporation
- Nick Law – Global Chief Creative Officer, R/GA
- Michael Lebowitz – Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Big Spaceship
- Jean-Philippe Maheu – Head, International Brand and Agency Strategy, Twitter
- Andy Markowitz – Director, Global Digital Strategy, General Electric Company
- Chris Needham – Vice President, Interactive, Fidelity Investments
- Benjamin Palmer – Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Creative Officer, The Barbarian Group
- Lou Paskalis –Vice President, Global Media Content Development and Mobile Marketing, American Express
- John Piontkowski – Senior Regional Sales Director, Microsoft Advertising
- Elizabeth Pizzinato – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Suzie Reider – Head, Media Solutions, YouTube/Google
- David Roman – Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Lenovo
- Alan Schulman – Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, SapientNitro NY
- Baba Shetty – CEO, The Newsweek Daily Beast Company
- Shiv Singh – Global Head of Digital, PepsiCo
- Marla Skiko – Executive Vice President and Director, Digital Innovation, SMG Multicultural
- Rick Song – Executive Vice President, National Digital Sales, Clear Channel Media + Entertainment
- Sarah Thompson, Chief Executive Officer, Droga5
- Steve Wax – Partner, Ladies & Gentlemen and Cooke&Co.
The finalists and winners are honored each year at the IAB MIXX Awards Gala, which is the culmination of the preeminent two-day IAB MIXX Conference & Expo Marketplace held during Advertising Week in New York City. The 2013 Gala will take place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Times Square (1605 Broadway at 49th Street) on Tuesday, September 24, and will celebrate the ninth anniversary of the competition.
The IAB MIXX Awards are open to marketers, advertising agencies, and media companies that have run any media, marketing or advertising element, or campaign that was carried out during the qualifying period: April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2013. Full details are available at iab.net/mixxawards/about/rules. To submit an entry before the deadline of June 21, 2013, go to iab.net/mixxawards/submit_entry.
Founded in 2005 to honor creativity and effectiveness in interactive advertising, the IAB MIXX Awards have become the premier honor in digital marketing. Last year’s MIXX Award winners included many of the most prominent brand marketers in the United States including Chevrolet, Google, Unilever (AXE), Pfizer, Nike, FedEx and American Express, as well as leading agencies such as BBH New York, CP+B, Digitas, john st., R/GA, McKinney, and TBWA\Chiat\Day. In 2012, Sherwin-Williams took home Best-in-Show, the gala’s top prize, for “Chip It!,” a campaign that drove business results and delivered value to users by empowering them with creative assets and technology to create and curate colorful ideas. To view the complete gallery of the 2012 MIXX category award winners please visit iab.net/mixxawards/gallery2012.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.