LONDON - The Fournaise Marketing Group, one of the world’s leading Marketing Performance Measurement & Management (MPM) companies, tracked that despite last year’s tough global economic environment, its Marketing Performance Boosting solutions enabled its ROI Marketer™ group of clients to increase their Marketing ROI by +39% and generate (and unquestionably prove they generated) an average of +32% more tangible customer demand for their products/services in 2012 – and that means more sales, more prospects, more market share and/or more conversions.
That’s one of the latest insights identified by Fournaise through its 2012 Global Marketing Effectiveness Program, in which it used its class-leading suite of 360-degree Marketing Performance Boosting solutions to track and compare the actual effectiveness of:
- More than 2.5 million B2C and B2B marketing strategies, campaigns and ads
- Across 17 media channels, including TV, print, outdoor, direct, digital, mobile & in-store
- Across more than 20 countries worldwide and 13 vertical industries
This +32% average growth in customer demand is remarkable when seen in relation to other business indicators such as the +12% average top line growth achieved by the Global 2000 companies last year, or the fact that only 46 (or 9%) of the 2012 Fortune 500 companies grew their revenue above the +32% mark.
ROI Marketers™ Out-Performed Traditional Marketers
From its Big Performance Data, Fournaise further tracked that ROI Marketers™ (the 20% science-driven minority of Marketers in the world) grossly out-performed Traditional Marketers (the 80% majority of Marketers out there) in 4 core areas:
1) ROI Marketers™ were 80% better at identifying and nailing the most relevant target audience’s pains, needs, wants, expectations and trigger points (or opportunities) compared to Traditional Marketers.
2) As a result, the Product Value Propositions (PVPs) and Campaign Value Propositions (CVPs) defined and deployed by ROI Marketers™ were 70% more effective on the target audience segments than those developed by Traditional Marketers.
3) The consequence: ROI Marketers™ developed sharper and more spot-on cross-channel campaign strategies, activities and briefs. The creative executions developed by their advertising agencies ended up being 76% more engagement-effective than those of Traditional Marketers.
4) ROI Marketers™ were 70% more effective than Traditional Marketers when it came to building business-generating one-to-one relationships with their target audience, leading to increased conversion, purchase frequency and/or purchase value.
“CEOs around the world have been telling us the same thing again and again: they have to deliver shareholder value, they want business performance, they want tangible results, they want top line and bottom line growth, they want ROI Marketers™” said Jerome Fontaine, CEO & Chief Tracker of Fournaise.
“ROI Marketers™ deliver: they are seen by CEOs as no-nonsense customer demand generators, and end up climbing the corporate ladder faster than their traditional peers. And that’s because unlike others, ROI Marketers™ embrace accountability, are more driven by science than art, talk less but act more, get less distracted by marketing fads, don’t believe creativity and marketing automation alone will save their day, and never lose sight of what their job is: to generate more tangible (and tracked) customer demand for their products/services. It’s a mentality thing” Fontaine added.
“ROI Marketers™ are therefore the ultimate modern Marketers: the Marketing industry may not like it and may feel threatened by them, but the industry will have to seriously accept and adapt to this new ROI order, or run the risk of becoming even more out of touch with today’s business and boardroom realities” Fontaine concluded.