Data from More than 1 Million U.S. Mobile Phone Users, 400,000 Tablet Owners and 150,000 Connected Device Households Power comScore’s Multi-Platform Reporting
RESTON, VA – comScore (NASDAQ : SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, today announced that it has significantly expanded its mobile measurement assets to support its focus on measuring the multi-platform behaviors of today’s connected consumers. comScore’s U.S. mobile measurement assets now include data on more than 1 million smartphone users, 400,000 tablet owners, and 150,000 households with connected home devices such as game consoles and smart TVs. These massive sample sizes empower comScore’s multi-platform audience and ad campaign ratings products with the granular insights sought by clients.
“A critical ingredient to reporting unduplicated audiences across platforms at scale is having census-level big data assets that provide enough common touchpoints to determine audience overlap,” said Serge Matta, comScore President of Commercial Solutions. “comScore’s two-year focus on investing in, and building out, this massive, unmatched data is now enabling us to turn multi-platform complexity into actionable data for our clients. The granularity of our mobile data is second to none and will serve as the bedrock of our ability to deliver value to clients as they navigate the dislocation created by mobile platforms.”
The benefits of leveraging substantial sample sizes from comScore’s multi-platform data sources include:
- Accurate determination of cross-platform audience overlap across multiple device types.
- The ability to scale multi-platform reporting to an expanding number of media devices without the sample size constraints of using a single-source panel.
- Detailed reporting of media consumption for a large number of media properties within each media universe.
- Enhanced geographic reporting of audiences and campaign delivery by local market.
- Improved ability to perform statistically reliable campaign analysis for multi-variable audiences (e.g. health-conscious females 18-44 with kids.)
“De-duplicating audiences across multiple device platforms has been one of the most significant recent metrics challenges facing publishers and advertisers in a medium where screen-independent digital solutions are proliferating. comScore’s MMX® Multi-Platform represents a big step in the right direction: MMX has provided us with a much improved understanding of AOL’s large and unique video- and mobile-centric audience segments.”
– Tim Lemmon, Chief Analytics Officer, AOL
“Brands and agencies have always been challenged with optimizing plan across different media channel – and even more so with the rapid adoption of mobile. Leveraging data for audience and campaign measurement not only unlocks our understanding of cross-platform overlap; it can unleash insights that fuel experience design on behalf of our clients.”
– Amanda Richman, President, Investment & Activation, Starcom USA
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights on web, mobile and TV consumer behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo.