Company Offers Valuable Tips to Help Brands Succeed During Critical Year End Push
DENVER - With the 2012 holiday media buying season right around the corner, brands need to start developing their plans now, if they haven’t already, according to SpotXchange, the largest global marketplace of digital video ad inventory. As these plans are formalized, brands and agencies should focus their buys around these four critical peak shopping days for consumers nationwide:
- Black Friday – Friday, November 23
- Cyber Monday – Monday, November 26
- Green Monday – Monday, December 10
- Last Day of Free Shipping (for most retailers) – Monday, December 17
- Day After Christmas – Wednesday, December 26
Given the fast approaching holiday season, it is beneficial for brands to secure inventory on sites highly frequented by their core consumer. Purchasing inventory at this stage of the game will ensure that brands are able to get the placements they desire. Additional tips brands and agencies should keep in mind as they develop their holiday media buying strategy include:
- Strive for high share of voice: Enables brands to more effectively counterbalance competitive messaging.
- Consider exclusivity if possible: When buying ads, brands should consider exclusively buying inventory on a select number of sites frequented by their target audience as consumers are less aware of competing products.
- Diversify types of ads: With so many options out there (display, mobile, search and video), which should brands choose? This depends on the target audience a brand is trying to reach, but nonetheless, brands’ holiday media buys should feature a variety of the ad types mentioned above. Keep in mind, digital video is one of the most effective forms of advertising as it combines the power of sight, sound and motion.
“DataXu works closely with advertisers to maximize the impact of their video campaigns against the metrics that matter most to them, including awareness, engagement and ultimately sales, to ensure the highest ROI possible,” said Adrian Tompsett, vice president of business development, DataXu. “After Christmas, we see available video inventory on exchanges like SpotXchange more than double, and that represents opportunity for the buyer. Coupled with generally weaker advertiser demand, this allows savvy advertisers to seize the opportunity to get a lot more bang for their buck.”
“The holiday season is one of the most critical times for brands, and it is vital that they build a strategic media buying plan in order to reach their target consumers in the right place, at the right time, to help influence their decision making process,” said Mike Shehan, CEO of SpotXchange. “Digital video is one of the most effective forms of advertising available to brands today. We typically see a noticeable uptick in ad calls the week after Christmas, so there is a tremendous opportunity for brands, regardless of vertical market, to reach their captive audience.”
For more information about how digital video can improve your holiday advertising push please visit – www.spotxchange.com.
With more than 200 million auctions per day, SpotXchange is the largest global marketplace of video ad inventory reaching 110 million unique visitors in more than 40 countries each month. The leader in video real-time bidding, SpotXchange connects thousands of online publishers with advertisers, agencies, trading desks and ad networks running top brand campaigns through its IAB-certified marketplace. SpotXchange shows premium publishers and more than 400 world class advertisers that there is a better way to buy and sell digital video — with solutions that guarantee total transparency, control, and the best targeting and real-time optimization tools available in a premium video exchange environment.
Latest posts by Otilia Otlacan (see all)
- New Kantar Solution Optimizes Campaigns Based On Impact - May 23, 2013
- DataXu Introduces the Industry’s First Algorithm Marketplace - May 23, 2013