Integration of Social Media, TV, Email and Mobile Earns Pizza Giant Top Honors in ExactTarget’s Annual Power of ONE Awards; 9 Brands Take Home Honors
INDIANAPOLIS - Global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget (NYSE:ET) announced that Papa John’s Super Bowl-themed marketing campaign was named the best cross-channel digital marketing campaign of 2012, earning the pizza giant ExactTarget’s annual Power of ONE Award.
Papa John’s International, Inc, (NASDAQ: PZZA), the world’s third largest pizza chain, earned the ExactTarget Power of One Award for its Super Bowl-themed FREE PIZZA FAST campaign that integrated email, mobile, social media, television, print advertising and Website promotion to drive sales during the important Super Bowl season. Papa John’s is the Official Pizza of the National Football League and Super Bowl XLVII.
“Papa John’s is a trailblazer in digital marketing, creating new and engaging cross-channel experiences for its customers that build loyalty and lasting business results,” said Scott Dorsey, co-founder and chief executive officer of ExactTarget. “The team at Papa John’s and those across all of our Power of One Award recipients are transforming their businesses with ExactTarget and unlocking the power of digital marketing to connect with their customers.”
Papa John’s award-winning campaign invited customers to vote “heads or tails” on Papa John’s website to predict which side the official Super Bowl coin would land. As part of the online voting process, the company seamlessly integrated the opportunity to enroll in Papa John’s Papa Rewards loyalty program. When the Super Bowl XLVI coin toss fell in their favor, Papa Rewards members were automatically sent a unique email, featuring a one-time promo code for a free pizza.
“Our FREE PIZZA FAST campaign proved to be incredibly successful in generating awareness and participation in our Papa Rewards loyalty program,” said Andrew Varga, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Papa John’s. “We’ve seen the benefits of creating campaigns across all marketing touch points and are honored to be named the Cross-Channel Campaign award recipient.”
ExactTarget’s annual Power of ONE Awards recognize the world’s best digital marketing campaigns that demonstrate how one team and one idea can connect a brand a customer across all channels. The awards honor the top campaigns across nine categories: business-to-business email, business-to-consumer email, small business email, social media, mobile, design, list growth and reseller.
In addition to Papa John’s the 2012 Power of ONE Award recipients include:
- Oakley Signs (Email Campaign – B2B) – Increased campaign engagement and retention with automated, real-time, personalized emails to realtors.
- Gilt Groupe (Email Campaign – B2C) – Created unique experiences for customers by developing personalized versions of emails based on customers’ purchases, browsing, brand preferences and past engagement.
- Feeding Your Kids Foundation (Email Campaign – SMB) – Supported international program to teach parents and children about healthy eating with an email and SMS campaign, providing parents and caregivers strategies and skills to improve feeding and eating habits for their family.
- Von Maur (Social Campaign) – Engaged thousands of fans and followers by sharing the “behind the scenes” of Von Maur and interacting with customers through photos and stories.
- Vegas.com (Mobile Campaign) – Connected with travelers in real-time by offering exclusive deals delivered by SMS.
- 89 Degrees (Design) – Created a new platform and design to tailor messaging to smaller segments within national email campaigns, resulting in increased engagement.
- Hotels.com (List Growth Strategy) – Encouraged customers to subscribe to email alerts to follow price fluctuations of their preferred properties and travel dates.
- C. TRAC (Reseller Partner) – Platinum Reseller serving nearly 40 brands to power campaigns across email, mobile, social media and the Web using the ExactTarget platform.
ExactTarget’s annual Power of One Awards were announced during ExactTarget’s annual client conference Connections. More than 4,000 ExactTarget clients and partners from around the world attended the event, which concluded Thursday. The event featured keynote addresses from Michael J. Fox, illusionist David Blaine and executives from Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, reddit and the New York Stock Exchange. Connections ’12 followed ExactTarget Connections ‘11, an event that welcomed more than 3,000 marketers to Indianapolis and featured a lineup of industry thought leaders including Jimmy Wales, Wikipedia founder and Soledad O’Brien, award-winning CNN anchor and special correspondent.
ExactTarget is a leading global provider of email marketing and cross-channel interactive marketing software-as-a-service solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media and websites. ExactTarget’s powerful suite of integrated applications enable marketers to plan, automate, deliver and optimize data-driven interactive marketing and real-time communications to drive customer engagement, increase sales and improve return on marketing investment. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana with offices across North America and in Europe, South America and Australia, ExactTarget trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “ET.” For more information, visit www.ExactTarget.com.