Creates actionable guide for marketers to implement, validate and measure the impact of their multi-screen efforts
NEW YORK - Collective, the leader in data-driven, multi-screen advertising solutions, released its transformative report, “The Multi-screen Advertising Playbook.” The paper sheds light on the most effective strategies and best practices for multi-screen advertising and provides a framework for using data science to increase consumer reach, engagement and efficiency. In addition, the playbook offers an overview of successful campaign initiatives and each effort’s proven results.
Working with clients across CPG, Automotive, Retail, Financial Services, Travel and Telecommunications, Collective and its TV Accelerator product have enabled more than 50 brands to achieve their multi-screen objectives. For example, in representative campaigns, TV Accelerator garnered the following results for Collective’s advertising partners:
- Targeting Accuracy: 3.9X more likely to reach the TV demo target than demo targeting alone
- Incremental Reach: Advertised to 2.4 million viewers who missed the brand’s TV ads, with a cost reduction of 74% (From $260 per thousand people reached to $83)
- Multi-screen Frequency: Using the optimal mix of TV and online created 17X lift in customer prospecting cost efficiency
- Competitive Conquesting: 138% increase in acquiring customer prospects
“Our customer’s convergence of TV and digital media consumption focuses our marketing efforts in new directions,” said Karen Soots, Sr. Director, Media Services at Bloomin’ Brands. “Working with Collective on a comprehensive view of our cross-platform activity will provide deeper insights into how we connect with and grow our audiences. We are excited to have this as a part of our overall tool kit for digital media.”
Bloomin’ Brands Inc. is one of the world’s largest casual dining companies, representing Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, and Roy’s.
“The Multi-screen Advertising Playbook” is a compilation of research and learnings from this initiative that demonstrates the significant business advantage afforded by multi-screen advertising. Building on the achievements of TV Accelerator, Collective has identified the core components of a smart multi-screen advertising solution. By understanding audiences across screens, the playbook takes the guesswork out of optimizing allocation and spend across television and internet to maximize reach and frequency. In fact, Collective has built a multi-screen optimizer that recommends, based on the brand’s TV schedule, how best to add online and mobile screens to the mix with precise spend rationale.
“Collective, in partnership with our clients and industry experts, has cracked the multi-screen code,” says Joe Apprendi, Chief Executive, Collective. “Brands recognize that their messages must span all platforms. However, until today, they have lacked the data, science, and technology that will allow them to control this dynamic. Collective has provided the industry with the solution, as well as the best practices and proof of execution to allow brands to execute with confidence.”
In 2011, Collective launched its TV Accelerator product, which established a means for advertisers and agencies to control multi-screen reach and frequency across TV and digital. Collective innovated this offering as an addition to its Audience Cloud, audience targeting platform to meet the needs of advertisers faced with a complex consumer media environment.
The report also provides an in-depth overview of winning campaign initiatives built on the following applications:
- Incremental Reach: For many advertisers, keeping their message in front of the widest audience is critical. While TV remains an important avenue for reaching current and potential prospects, leveraging digital channels will allow brands to reach the audiences they are missing by using TV alone.
- Multi-screen Frequency /Optimal Media Mix: Ads seen on multiple screens have proven to be most effective in engaging target audiences. Advertisers can continue to create additional value by connecting with consumers typically reached via TV—across additional platforms. However, the greatest gains are achieved by quantifying the combination of TV and digital video to make an informed and strategic decision about their multi-screen mix.
- Competitive Conquesting: Syndicated sources can offer insight into the details of competitive advertising schedules. Brands can gain market share and neutralize competitive messaging by using digital platforms to reach prospective customers.
“Marketers need to quantify the business impact of their investments,” continued Apprendi. “We have provided a platform that offers opportunities to improve marketing success—real business results–by breaking down the silos between TV and digital.”
For more information or direct access to the report visit: www.collectiveallfront.com.
Collective is the leader in data-driven, multi-screen advertising solutions for 75 of the top 100 national advertisers. Through data science, Collective connects brands to audiences with high impact personalized advertising experiences across display, video, mobile and social. Our technology solutions include Ensemble™, our audience buying, creative optimization and analytics platform for advertisers, and AMP®, our data and media management platform for publishers. Headquartered in New York with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London and India, Collective has been recognized for its rapid growth on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and Inc. Collective’s investors include Accel Partners®, Greycroft Partners and iNovia Capital. For more information, please visit www.collective.com