Startup Spotlight Series Contestants to Compete in Four Challenges: Gap Shopper Marketing, Unilever Mobile Commerce, GE Data & Analytics and Social TV & Video
NEW YORK, NY – The ad:tech Startup Spotlight Series is back — this time, with brand partners including Gap, Inc., GE and Unilever — and the call for entries has kicked off. The Startup Spotlight Series is a hunt for the most enterprising new companies in digital marketing, and the competition goes live at ad:tech New York in November. Startups can submit to compete in one of four challenges: Gap Shopper Marketing, Unilever Mobile Commerce, GE Data & Analytics and Social TV & Video. Submissions are being accepted now through Friday, August 24.
Sixteen finalists will be chosen from all the entries, with four participants within each specific challenge. All finalists will be given the opportunity to exhibit free-of-charge at ad:tech New York in Innovation Alley (a $5,000 value), and pitch live onstage at the show.
Each brand will choose one startup to win in their respective category — for a total of four winning companies — granting the winners the ad:tech Innovation Award, and the opportunity to take their pitch in-house.
Challenge details are:
- The Gap Shopper Marketing Challenge is a push to find the breakthrough product or service that helps convert browsers into buyers. Whether they’re online, in their cars or in front of the TV, the winning platform will help brands reach shoppers more creatively and effectively.
- The Unilever Mobile Commerce Challenge is for startups that can make mobile a real sales channel for a CPG brand. The product or service that wins will help Unilever wade through the barcodes, coupons and check-ins to find the right tactics for driving mobile purchases.
- The GE Data & Analytics Challenge is aimed at uncovering the newest lead generation and analysis platforms for B2B marketers. But pulling in leads is not enough. This hunt is for startups that can evaluate everything — from email, social and mobile, to TV and print — to see where the best leads are coming from, and make them all work together more effectively.
- The Social TV & Video Challenge is a hunt for platforms and services that help marketers fully leverage social channels to create, syndicate and promote their video content across a variety of devices – including tablets, phones and connected TVs.
“Digital media has completely changed the way that shoppers engage with leading retail brands. It’s not just about great campaigns — it’s about adding value through consumer innovation,” said Tricia Nichols, global senior director of consumer engagement & media strategy, Gap Global Marketing. “The ad:tech Startup Spotlight Series is a great way to foster that innovation — and maybe even find the next great shopper marketing platform.”
“Cracking the mobile marketing code is a must for any brand, and it’s an especially unique challenge for CPG companies,” said Drew Corry, communications channel manager, Unilever. “We’re looking forward to seeing the creative mobile commerce solutions that emerge from the ad:tech Startup Spotlight Series.”
“ad:tech has proven to be a marketplace for the industry’s leading brands and innovators to show off their goods — and there’s no better evidence of this than when you review the list of top flight brands offering up a piece of their marketing business at this year’s ad:tech New York Startup Spotlight Series,” said Tameka Kee, content director, ad:tech. “We couldn’t be more excited to begin receiving and reviewing these submissions — the industry leaders always seem to push the boundaries in fantastic ways most of us could never imagine.”
- To enter the Startup Spotlight Series, please follow this link: http://bit.ly/MySeVY
- To register for ad:tech NY 2012, please follow this link: http://bit.ly/MOQPbC
- Follow @adtech on Twitter and hashtag #adtech to see what people are saying about the show.
- More information on Facebook: www.facebook.com/
About Gap Inc.
Gap Inc. is a leading global specialty retailer offering clothing, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, children, and babies under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, and Athleta brands. Fiscal 2011 net sales were $14.5 billion. Gap Inc. products are available for purchase in about 90 countries worldwide through about 3,000 company-operated stores, about 200 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites. For more information, please visit www.gapinc.com.
About Unilever United States
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with strong operations in more than 100 countries and sales in 180. With products that are used over two billion times a day around the world, we work to create a better future every day and help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and good for others. In the United States the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Bertolli, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, fds, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-Tips, Ragú, Simple, Skippy, Slim-Fast, Soft & Beautiful, St. Ives, Suave, tcb, TIGI, TRESemmé, Vaseline, and Wish-Bone. All of the preceding brand names are registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies. Dedicated to serving consumers and the communities where we live, work and play, Unilever employs more than 11,000 people in the United States — generating over $8 billion in sales in 2011. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and helping to cure the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website atwww.ge.com.
For more than 15 years, ad:tech has provided media, marketing and technology professionals with the tools and techniques they need to succeed in a changing digital world. With 9 shows in 7 countries, ad:tech’s globally respected roster of speakers, workshops and exhibitors continues to make it the preferred resource and destination for digital marketers everywhere. It’s where marketers gather together to do business in a vibrant and exciting marketplace.
For more information, please visit http://na.ad-tech.com/