Unveils Advisory Board & Members of New Council that Bridges the Gap Between Digital Publishers & Ad Technology Innovators
NEW YORK, NY – The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced the selection of Jonathan Bellack, Product Management Director, Publisher Ad Platforms at Google, and Jay Sears, Senior Vice President, Demand at the Rubicon Project as Co-Chairs of its Advertising Technology Council. The news was released at the IAB Advertising Technology Marketplace “Beyond Acronyms and Algorithms…Defining Value in the Marketplace” conference in New York City.
A new IAB body created in February to merge the fragmented advertising technology sector and progress toward the goal of developing technical standards and operating best practices, the Ad Technology Council also attracted 24 additional industry front-runners to serve on its Advisory Board:
· Joe Apprendi, Collective
· Dennis Buchheim, Microsoft Advertising
· Roland Cozzolino, MediaMath
· Peter Fernquist, Collective
· Dan Foehner, Facebook
· Julie Ginches, DataXu
· Larry Harris, PubMatic
· David Jacobs, AOL, Inc.
· Harvey Kent, MediaOcean
· Joshua Koran, AT&T AdWorks
· Mike Leo, Operative
· Marta Martinez, MediaMath
· Kirk McDonald, PubMatic
· Eran Metzer, Yahoo!, Inc.
· Bill Nielsen, Microsoft Advertising
· Ari Paparo, AppNexus
· Susan Pierce, Google
· Neal Richter, The Rubicon Project
· Peter Secor, Adobe Systems Inc.
· Bill Simmons, DataXu
· Ted Shergalis, X+1 Solutions, Inc.
· Philip Smolin, Turn, Inc.
· Manu Warikoo, Operative
· Steven Woolway, MediaOcean
“High-quality technical specifications with broad industry support, like VAST and VPAID for video, are key to the future growth of the online ecosystem,” said Bellack. “The talented pool of executives coming on board to join the IAB Advertising Technology Council reflect the overwhelming agreement in the tech field that we need to work together to move digital advertising forward.”
“The digital advertising industry and the underlying ad technology providers must be smarter about their collaboration,” said Sears. “When the IAB Ad Technology Council is successful, buyers and sellers will speak less about ‘the plumbing’ and more about the gain they receive. There will be significant value creation as a result of our work together.”
The broader list of IAB Advertising Technology Council general members includes 33 advertising technology leaders and influencers:
· Talia Carr, HealthiNation
· Michael Celona, RUN DSP
· Scott Cunningham, Journal Register
· Arturo Duran, Journal Register
· Molly Glover Gallatin, Compass Labs
· Jeffrey Goldstein, NBC Universal Digital Media
· John Greco, Greco Associates
· Paul Hsu, Martini Media
· Eric Johnston, Verve Wireless
· Bashar Kachachi, Microsoft Advertising
· Satish Katiyar, Cox Digital Solutions
· Kishore Kichilli, Electronic Arts
· Ryan Mackle, Microsoft Advertising
· Rob Molchon, MediaMind
· Marco Muzzi, AcuityAds Inc.
· Erik Pavelka, Martini Media
· Matt Plummer, OpenX Technologies, Inc.
· Alex Gardner, Casale Media
· J. Politi, Microsoft Advertising
· Jeremy Randol, NBC Universal Digital Media
· Miki Rapoport, NBC Universal Digital Media
· Zack Rogers, CBS Interactive
· Katherine Sammis, HealthiNation
· Tom St. John, Criteo
· Rob Schneider, 24/7 Media
· Josh Stivers, Rhythm NewMedia
· Mark Theophilis, MTV Networks
· Joey Trotz, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
· Eduardo Villasenor, Microsoft Advertising
· Charlie Stafford, The Weather Channel
· Rodney Webster, Mediaplex
· Renee White, HealthiNation
· Geoff Wolinetz, CNN.com
“We are very pleased with the positive reaction we’ve received from key players in the industry and their deep interest in participating in the IAB Advertising Technology Council,” said Patrick Dolan, Executive Vice President and COO, IAB. “With this strong leadership, notable advisors and members, we know the Council will be able to make meaningful changes in the interactive ad technology space, driving growth for all – from online publishers to agencies to marketers to ad technology businesses themselves.”
In addition, IAB announced that the first Advertising Technology Council meeting will be held on Thursday, August 16 at the IAB Ad Lab.
The Advertising Technology Council leadership encourages IAB member companies in the field of advertising technology to apply for membership. Those interested in more information about joining the IAB and/or the Council can email Nicole Horsford, Senior Manager, Member Services, at [email protected].
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.