Law, EVP & Chief Creative Officer at R/GA, Chairs Unique Industry Judging Panel Comprised of Top Creatives, Brand Marketers, Publishers
Deadline for IAB MIXX Awards Submissions Extended to July 20
NEW YORK, NY - The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced that digital creative Nick Law, Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, R/GA, North America, has agreed to serve as the first-ever Judging Panel Chair for the IAB MIXX Awards. Law will guide conversation and debate with the awards’ distinguished lineup of cross-industry judges, as they choose this year’s winners for the coveted awards, which recognize creativity and impact in digital advertising. In addition to revealing the full list of judges, IAB also announced that the deadline to enter the awards has been extended until July 20.
“We wanted to add something special to the IAB MIXX Awards judging process as we celebrate the industry’s best work for the eighth year in a row—and who better to lead our pool of judges than a creative visionary like Nick Law?” said David Doty, Executive Vice President and CMO, IAB. “An expert on creativity and brand leadership, Nick has served on the jury for years and this year will help lead our outstanding panel of judges as they identify and honor the best work in the field. It’s a great opportunity for entrants—to have their work evaluated by the industry’s top experts.”
“I’ve long been involved with the IAB and hold the MIXX Awards in very high regard,” said Law. “They continue to evolve in the face of a rapidly changing environment, and the work featured reflects that. I look forward to seeing more astonishing work as the jury head for the 2012 show.”
One of the most prestigious awards in digital advertising, the IAB MIXX Awards honors the teams and talent that push interactive advertising to new levels—celebrating creatives and brands for unprecedented work in the interactive arena and elevating the creative and metric standards of the medium. Focused on creativity and impact, the MIXX Awards is the only competition that evaluates all key facets of interactive marketing, including strategy, creative development and execution, media placement and integration, effectiveness and ROI.
In addition, the MIXX Awards is the sole interactive awards competition judged by an all-star panel representing the entire marketing and advertising ecosystem—agency executives who create campaigns for the world’s most powerful brands, marketers with direct control over many of the largest advertising budgets in the world, and major media company leaders.
Along with Nick Law, the 2012 judging panel includes:
- Jeff Benjamin – Chief Creative Officer, JWT North America
- Lincoln Bjorkman – Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, North America, DIGITAS
- Brad Brinegar – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, McKinney, and Founding Chairman, IAB Agency Advisory Board
- Amy Choyne – Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Kenneth Cole Productions
- Andreas Combuechen – Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Creative Officer, Atmosphere Proximity
- Emma Cookson – Chairman, BBH New York
- Mark D’Arcy – Director, Global Creative Solutions, Facebook
- Brian DiLorenzo – Executive Vice President, Chief Production Officer, McCann New York
- Marjorie Dufek – Interactive Marketing Director, Brown-Forman Corporation
- Alberto Ferrer – Managing Partner, Marketing and Operations, The Vidal Partnership
- Quentin George – Chief Innovation Officer, IPG/Mediabrands
- Jane Grenier – Vice President, Integrated Strategy, Condé Nast Media Group
- Jeffrey J. Jones II – Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Target
- Trevor Kaufman – Chairman, Possible Worldwide
- Laurie Koehler – Consumer Campaigns Manager, Americas Marketing Group, Intel
- Jean-Philippe Maheu – Former Worldwide Chief Executive Officer, Publicis Modem
- Andy Markowitz – Director, Global Digital Strategy, General Electric Company
- DyShaun Muhammad – Senior Marketing Manager, General Mills
- Chris Needham – Vice President, Interactive, Fidelity Investments
- Benjamin Palmer – Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, The Barbarian Group
- Elizabeth Pizzinato – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Suzie Reider – Head, Industry Development, YouTube Global Video
- David Roman – Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Lenovo
- Alan Schulman – Founder and Chief Digital Officer, AlphaState Digital
- Lori Senecal – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, kirshenbaum bond senecal
- Baba Shetty – Chief Strategy Officer, Hill Holliday
- Marla Skiko – Executive Vice President and Director, Digital Innovation, SMG Multicultural
- Rick Song – General Manager, Sales, Eastern U.S., Microsoft Advertising
- Patrizio Spagnoletto – Vice President, B2B Marketing, Yahoo!
- Shane Steele – Director, Global Sales Marketing, Twitter
- Steve Wax – Partner, Ladies & Gentlemen
The finalists and winners are honored each year at the IAB MIXX Awards Gala, which is the culmination of the preeminent two-day IAB MIXX Conference & Expo Marketplace held during Advertising Week in New York City. The 2012 Gala will take place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Times Square on Tuesday, October 2, and will celebrate the eighth anniversary of the competition.
The IAB MIXX Awards are open to marketers, advertising agencies, and media companies that have run any media, marketing or advertising element, or campaign that was carried out during the qualifying period: April 1, 2011 through March 31, 2012. Full details are available at www.iab.net/mixxawards/about/rules. To submit an entry, go to www.iab.net/mixxawards/submit_entry.
Founded in 2005 to honor creativity and effectiveness in interactive advertising, the IAB’s MIXX Awards have grown into the premier honor in digital marketing. Last year’s MIXX Award winners included many of the most prominent brand marketers in the United States, including General Motors, Unilever, Diageo, Doritos, Allstate Insurance, and IBM, as well as leading agencies such as BBH New York, Durham & McKinney, Ogilvy New York, and Goodby, Silverstein & Partners. In 2011, American Express OPEN, CP+B and DIGITAS took home Best-in-Show, the gala’s top prize, for “Small Business Saturday,” a campaign that in three short weeks was able to develop and launch a brand new shopping day that consumers had never heard of, driving retail sales for small business owners at the beginning of the crucial holiday shopping season. To view the complete gallery of the 2011 MIXX category award winners please visit www.iab.net/mixxawards/gallery2011.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
Latest posts by Otilia Otlacan (see all)
- ChinaJoy to See New Wave of Mobile Advertising - May 24, 2013
- ABC Kicks off First-Ever Nielsen Trial to Measure Ad Campaigns in Mobile Apps - May 24, 2013