In an email sent out an hour ago to AdManager users, Google announces a number of features and improvements:
- Automatic Macro Insertion – Ad Manager will automatically detect the ad tags from several popular 3rd party vendors when you paste them in as new creatives. When properly detected, the click-tracking and cache-busting macros will be inserted automatically.
- Competing Line Item Report – The quantity booked, amount delivered, and the current delivery status have all been added as new columns to the competing line items report.
- Overbook Details – When warned about possible overbooking, you now have the option to book only the inventory that is available. A new link to a “Detailed Inventory Check” will also provide quick access to more information.
- Export Ad Slots – The new “Download Ad Slots” link on the Ad Slots tab will export your entire slot list to a CSV file. This is useful to audit your inventory and verify AdSense settings.
- Edit Company Name – The company display name is now editable on the Admin > Settings tab. This name is seen by advertisers who you invite to log in and see their orders.
While these features and improvements are definitely much needed, there are still many unanswered questions as to where Google AdManager is going and how it will position itself in regard to its fancier relative, DoubleClick DART: are there plans to develop its rich media capabilities, to support video and in-stream advertising?