WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–April 14, 2008–ValueClick, Inc. (Nasdaq:VCLK) commemorates its tenth anniversary today, representing a decade of performance and leadership across all major channels of online advertising.
From its roots as one of the first cost-per-click ad networks when it launched in April, 1998, to its initial public offering in 2001 and 14 strategic acquisitions since then, ValueClick reported $646 million in revenue in 2007 and now boasts more than 1,400 employees in offices across the U.S., Europe and Asia. A full chronology of ValueClick’s history is available at http://www.valueclick.com/about/history.html.
As the largest diversified, independently-held online marketing service provider in the world, highlights of ValueClick’s many accomplishments in its first ten years include:
- Becoming the global affiliate marketing leader, serving nearly half of the top online retailers who utilize third-party services and driving billions of dollars in e-commerce transactions enabled each year.
- Developing the largest independent display advertising network, with 35 billion impressions across 13,500 sites, collectively reaching, 130 million unique visitors, or 75 percent reach of the U.S. Internet audience each month, along with comparable reach numbers in major European markets.
- Creating one of the most scalable lead generation platforms in the industry, generating millions of qualified leads each month across multiple recruitment channels.
- Building the largest independent ad serving technology provider, with a unified dashboard to manage performance across all Internet advertising channels, as well as a collection of offline media planning and buying software packages that can be used alone or in combination.
- Growing some of the largest consumer comparison shopping properties in the U.S. and Europe.
- Nurturing relationships with more than 5,000 advertisers and 60,000 publisher clients worldwide.
“We are extremely proud of the accomplishments we have achieved in our first ten years, something made possible only through the enterprising spirit and leadership of our team and the drive and commitment of our performance-minded advertiser and publisher clients,” said ValueClick CEO Tom Vadnais, who has been with the company since its acquisition of Mediaplex in October, 2001.
Today ValueClick’s international operations are consolidated under four primary operating units:
Media – Operating the world’s largest independent display advertising network, ValueClick Media also offers video advertising, behavioral targeting and large-scale lead generation programs.
Affiliate Marketing – Under the Commission Junction brand, ValueClick is the leading affiliate marketing services provider worldwide.
Technology – One of the original third-party and publisher ad serving providers, Mediaplex now offers the ability to manage display, search and affiliate programs from a single interface, as well as offering software for managing offline media campaigns.
Comparison Shopping – Led by its PriceRunner and Smarter.com brands, ValueClick is the leading comparison shopping property in Europe and the fourth largest in the U.S.
As it begins its second decade, ValueClick shows no signs of slowing down in terms of integration and innovation, developing one of the largest in-stream video advertising networks, advanced behavioral targeting technologies and sophisticated cross-channel attribution and path-to-conversion analytics capabilities.
About ValueClick, Inc.
ValueClick, Inc. (Nasdaq: VCLK) is one of the world’s largest online marketing services companies, offering comprehensive and scalable solutions to deliver cost-effective customer acquisition for advertisers and robust revenue streams for publishers. ValueClick’s performance-based solutions allow customers to reach their potential through multiple online marketing channels, including affiliate and search marketing, display advertising, lead generation, ad serving and e-mail technology, and comparison shopping. ValueClick brands include Commission Junction, ValueClick Media, Mediaplex, PriceRunner and Smarter.com. For more information, visit www.valueclick.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, the risk that market demand for on-line advertising in general, and performance based on-line advertising in particular, will not grow as rapidly as predicted, and the risk that legislation and governmental regulation could negatively impact the Company’s performance. Actual results may differ materially from the results predicted, and reported results should not be considered an indication of future performance. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements are detailed under “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission made from time to time by ValueClick, including, but not limited to: its annual report on Form 10-K filed on March 1, 2007; recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q; and other current reports on Form 8-K. ValueClick undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.